Uptown Lexington – A Down Home Original
- Three Days & Two Nights hotel accommodations (includes all taxes and service charges)
- Your Preference- Hertz Rental Car for 2 days (includes Never Lost GPS and LDW insurance) or Enterprise Rental Car
Total package price (per person based on double occupancy):
Holiday Inn – The Vineyards – Call for pricing
Marriott Winston-Salem – Call for pricing
Contact – 336-956-7774 or email Info@FlyHighLexington.com
All tours and rates are subject to availability and change. Please contact Fly High Lexington to verify and reserve.
- Start the morning with breakfast, coffee and good conversation at The Coffee Blend on Main Street
- The best way to see this beautiful city is on foot – Uptown Lexington has developed a walking tour that winds through the city and past large historic homes. Stop along the way at the Old Courthouse, home of the Davidson County Historical Museum
- Enjoy the “Pigs in the City” Art Initiative along the way – life size pigs painted and decorated in very unusual ways – a barrister pig, a birthday pig and even pig ballerinas!
- Next stop, Lanier’s Hardware, one of the largest True Value stores in the southeast – Here you’ll discover – “If you can’t find it at Lanier’s, then you probably really don’t need it!”
- Just up Main Street plan to stop by Conrad and Hinkle – an old-fashioned grocery since 1919 that provides hand cut meats, fresh local fruits and vegetables. And just like in days gone by – they still make some home deliveries!
- With a website called SweetToothGifts.com who can resist a stop by The Candy Factory. You will instantly be drawn to the wonderful aroma of fresh handmade fudge – made right there on-site! And if candy is not what you are looking for – look around at some of the gifts available – it’s like taking a walk down memory lane!
- End your day in Uptown Lexington sampling wine at Tastings. They feature wines from Davidson County and the Yadkin Valley as well as truly hard to find and exotic wines from around the world.
Optional excursions in the area
Bob Timberlake Gallery
Richard Childress Racing Museum
City of Thomasville